- • Yield: 4 dozen
- • Difficulty: *Easy
- • Preparation: 45 minutes plus baking and cooling times
- • Special Equipment:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
Grated rind of 1 orange
4 teaspoons Godiva Liqueur
1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
3/4 cup pine nuts
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease baking sheet.
2. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Beat eggs and sugars in mixing bowl for 10 minutes or until pale yellow and thickened, using electric mixer at medium-high speed. Beat in orange rind and Godiva Liqueur. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until combined. Stir in almonds, hazelnuts and pine nuts.
4. With floured hands, shape dough into four (12-inch-long) logs. Place logs 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each log to a width of 2 inches. Lightly brush logs with egg.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until logs start to brown and no imprint remains when pressed lightly with finger. Cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 20 minutes.
6. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Carefully transfer logs to a cutting surface. Cut logs on the diagonal into 3/4-inch-thick slices. Place biscotti about 2 inches apart on two greased baking sheets and bake 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely. Store biscotti in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Serve drizzled with additional Godiva Liqueur.